What is Residential Treatment?
A residential treatment program provides intensive help for individuals who need to overcome an addiction and alleviate or heal conditions related to substance abuse. Residential treatment centers provide accommodations to individuals while they receive the necessary treatment and therapies to address behavioral, emotional, and mental health needs with the guidance of licensed mental health professionals. Residential treatment takes the individual away from their typical surrounding or their home and puts them in a place where they can focus on recovery. This is critical to providing comprehensive care and the ability to closely monitor each person’s progress.
What Happens in Residential Treatment?
A residential treatment program may be anywhere from 30 to 90 days, or longer. Because there is no one way to treat addiction, treatment plans can vary from client to client. Typically, residential treatment involves individual sessions with a therapist as well as group therapies with other individuals who are also in the program.
Is Residential Treatment for You?
Residential treatment is best for those who have serious to severe addiction, but may not meet the criteria for a hospital admission. These individuals however are committing to an extended stay in a facility that provides comprehensive, evidence-based treatment, and maybe even alternative therapies.
How to Choose a Residential Treatment Program
What types of services does the facility provide?
The more effective and experienced treatment programs provide a complete list of services beginning with detox. Other services to look for are individual therapy, medication management, addiction education, life-skills training, activity-based therapy, follow-up care, on site health and wellness activities, and referrals to support groups.
Do skilled and experienced professionals staff the facility?
A treatment program is only as good as its staff. Choose a program with licensed counselors and staff who are certified in addiction treatment, and more importantly, are experienced or have been in addiction treatment for some time.
Does the service, center, or facility have the proper licensing and accreditation?
It is relatively easy to differentiate effective and legitimate treatment facilities from others that may be operating dishonest or deceptive programs. Choose a licensed and/or accredited treatment programs or centers. Accreditation from an agency that regulates and sets standards for addiction treatment programs, such as CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities), Joint Commission, and state licensing board are good signs of a facility that meets the specific agency’s guidelines and standards for operation.
Find out about Asana Recovery's Residential Treatment program
We're available to talk if you need help today.
Prefer to Write to us?
Send us an Inquiry
The Asana Difference
Asana Treatment Program
24/7 Supervised Medical Support
- Our staff is available round the clock, and on-site
- Support from experienced and trained medical team
- Medically supported detox
- Treatment supervision from consulting physicians
Life Skills Approach
- Family-style meals and living
- Part of a community of out-patient programs that provide post-treatment support, including:
- 12-Step focused support
- SMART Recovery
- Suboxone maintenance
- Vivitrol management
- Strong local recovery community
- Preparing for a life in recovery
- Understanding life in recovery
- Seeing different paths to sobriety
- Alternative therapy techniques including right brain focused therapy like art therapy and psychodrama
- Traditional therapy techniques including Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), and group or individual (??)therapy
- BPS approach - assess all the available factors (biological, psychological and social) and the level to which each contribute to the addiction, and then decide how to best combine them into an individualized recovery plan for the patient.
- Consulting Physicians specializing in addiction treatment and behavioral health
- Therapy from trained and experienced clinicians
Find out more about Our Team
Asana Recovery’s residential treatment is a CARF accredited program. This means that the center has successfully completed a rigorous audit from CARF ensuring that the program meets the standards set by the agency. In comparison, CARF standards are 10 times higher than state requirements. A CARF accreditation ensures that clients are getting the best treatment possible, and families can be assured that loved-ones are under the care of skilled and experienced medical professionals.
A CARF accreditation also allows us to accept most private insurance, which can alleviate the cost of treatment and help individuals and their families access the help and treatment that would otherwise be out of reach.